Translate

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A Bit About Me

I thought it might be nice to share a bit about myself. I have been living in Washington DC for two years now and I am going into my third year of teaching in DC. I also used to live in Pennsylvania, about an hour north of Philadelphia, where I taught for three years. Being an art teacher is the best job in the world and I really do love it. However, I do have many more interests in my life outside of school.

Since moving to DC, I have found myself at museums pretty often. There is no shortage of great things to see here! (art and non art related places!) Two of my favorite museums for art are the National Portrait Gallery and the National Gallery of Art's Modern Wing. Both places are an a great place to go on a rainy afternoon! Their programs are a lot of fun and teach you to really view and question the art. The Portrait Gallery also has a lovely atrium, which serves food and drinks, and is a nice quiet place to sit.



Another one of my most favorite things is my Boston Terrier, Bella! My students always know who Bella is because I talk about her a lot. She is a great dog, who loves to tug of war with her toys and snuggle on the sofa. Here she is in my parents back yard in Pennsylvania. I think she misses roaming outside as much as I do. Here in DC, however, I do ride my bike a lot. So that helps with missing the open green spaces of Pennsylvania. If you are in need of a bike, there is a great program called Phoenix Bikes in Virginia that helps kids earn a bike. I suggest checking them out! 



This past year I also started my own business called Crinkle. Crinkle brings pop up studio art classes to kids and adults in the DC area. Right now I am hosting my workshops in a small clothing boutique in Petworth. It has been a fun partnership with the owner! People can shop and make art all in one night. So far Crinkle has had painting and print making workshops. Here is a link to the website: Crinkle 




No comments:

Post a Comment