Translate

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Preschool and Prekindergarten make Owls!

I was inspired by a cute project from another art teacher's blog last week and decided to try out this owl lesson in my own classroom! The preschool and prekindergarten groups watched an adorable book reading called "Little Hoot". The little owl in the story has to stay up late (because he is an owl and all owls stay up late!) but Little Hoot doesn't really want to. He would rather be sleeping like all of his other first friends!
After the video the students and I talked about shapes. The students told me that the owls eyes were made from circles. They also said his nose (which I taught the students is called a "beak") was the shape of a triangle. I am so proud of my three and four years olds are their ability to recognize shapes!

Here are their owl creations. I think the end results were so fun and whimsical.




No comments:

Post a Comment